Skip to main content

The Traveling Kates


You’re here…now what? First, let me start by introducing ourselves; you’ll notice that none of us are named Kate…let alone ALL of us…to be dubbed the Traveling Kates. We are three awesome friends that came together in friendship and collaboration; a blending of businesses and talents, personalities and interests, who thought “Wouldn’t it be nice if….” The rest, as they say, is history.

If you’ve scrolled back to the beginning of where our blogging began, at the start of this year then you know where we began and how we got to this point. (If not yet…you may want to go back and see what we’ve been up to so far…go ahead, we’ll wait.)

My name is Gidget and I have the perspective of Alice in Wonderland; I believe anything is possible, I never look at something (or someone) as being done and not having another chapter in them if given the chance, and I absolutely love bold colors, flamingos, plaid as my neutral and cheetah is considered a staple in my tiny house. Yes…I am one of THOSE people that lives simply in my 200sq feet and love it. I have five degrees but the skillsets I use aren’t from anything I learned in a class 20 (or even 30) years ago; it’s just my crazy imagination and a different way of looking at things. I am married to an aerospace engineer that can build anything I dream up…and trust me, it comes in VERY handy. I am the one of the three of us that has this affliction with vintage campers and interior design so blogs you see about the transformations of our Kates will be from me, but the design ideas aren’t always my own now that I have two others to bounce ideas off of. My brand is called Curvy Kate by G and I also dabble in Wedding Kate; wedding planning and dress design, along with props and backdrops for events and weddings.

Now, for the Kates. The Traveling Kates are actually two vintage campers that we are in the process of renovating to become traveling boutiques. Glamour Kate is the smallest at 10ft and she will be our beauty and wine bar. Imagine a rolling makeup studio that can also host wine parties. AND, when she isn’t making women more fabulous and giddy, she will be Reagan’s personal Love Crazy Kate; transformed into a tiny little one woman shop for all things leather flower extraordinaire.

But that’s just the first Kate.

The second of our Traveling Kates is Kate’s Closet; a 24ft rolling boutique that is like the best of walk in closets…but on wheels. She will boast awesome lighting and hanging space for clothing and THE most fabulous jeans you’ve ever worn. There will be sunnies and hats and a brand new curvy collection. We will even have candles and a home collection with great giftables for the taking. BUT, the best part about the Traveling Kates, is that THEY come to YOU. Remember the days when our moms…or even we, hosted Tupperware parties? Real life social events where we could get together with our friends face to face and enjoy the company of others while shopping for great things for our friends and families. The Traveling Kates will host socials where you simply book an event and your very own traveling boutique rolls to your front step. That definitely takes it up a notch from Tupperware parties or even the single woman trunk shows, don’t ya think? I promise you that there is nothing like it in the Tulsa area…and even in Oklahoma. This is more than the occasional vintage camper that you see stuffed full of arts and crafts at a craft faire; this is a boutique in EVERY sense of the word that just happens to be on wheels and comes to you. Most boutiques close at 6p and are closed on Sundays and Mondays; making it difficult to stop by on the way home from work or after church. If you host a social of your own, you get to host on available dates in the evening or in afternoons. Maybe we could even roll up to an office parking lot and offer shopping on your lunch break for friends and coworkers; the options are endless.

You’re welcome. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Boutique

After living in "Nineveh" for a short time and then figuring out I didn't have to live in black and white, or even beige...I met these awesome new friends at a craft faire that were opening a new boutique. It was a boutique called Creme de la Creme...the best of the best and their goal was to have individual artisans make up this boutique by renting out "booth space" to sell their wares. They've popped up everywhere now but five years ago it was completely unique and I was super excited about it. (P.S...they're still going strong where others have had to close; coincidence? I don't think so)  Luckily, I secured the biggest "booth" in the bunch since it was the early stages when I found out about it. This is also when the bug to build and create booths started and only got stronger after it was complete. It's no secret to my friends that I probably have the craziest imagination between us; it's always in overload really and I ...

Kate's Closet

Imagine a fabulous 8ft by 24ft walk in closet; sure they’re out there, but I know that…living in just 200sq ft, I don’t have one. In fact, I have a closet that is just 1ft wide by 4ft tall and hubby has one of his own. We did build a buffet that is great for folded items to fit; which is also awesome because I am one that absolutely loves ironing. No… that is not sarcasm; I REALLY do. I even iron sheets and pillowcases each week on laundry day. But…I digress. Imagine a great big, ROLLING, walk in closet; a closet that rolls right up to your front walk; plugs in, rolls out the proverbial red carpet…except ours is in a snow leopard print, and invites your friends to come in and play dress up. Yes… THAT! There are two Kates in our Traveling Kates collection of vintage traveling boutiques and Kate’s Closet is the larger of the two; she is 24ft where her sister Kate is just 10ft long. She’ll get a blog and renovations all her own later. ;) Kate’s Closet was a sad little thing whe...