Skip to main content

Kate's Closet


Imagine a fabulous 8ft by 24ft walk in closet; sure they’re out there, but I know that…living in just 200sq ft, I don’t have one. In fact, I have a closet that is just 1ft wide by 4ft tall and hubby has one of his own. We did build a buffet that is great for folded items to fit; which is also awesome because I am one that absolutely loves ironing. No… that is not sarcasm; I REALLY do. I even iron sheets and pillowcases each week on laundry day. But…I digress.
Imagine a great big, ROLLING, walk in closet; a closet that rolls right up to your front walk; plugs in, rolls out the proverbial red carpet…except ours is in a snow leopard print, and invites your friends to come in and play dress up. Yes… THAT!

There are two Kates in our Traveling Kates collection of vintage traveling boutiques and Kate’s Closet is the larger of the two; she is 24ft where her sister Kate is just 10ft long. She’ll get a blog and renovations all her own later. ;) Kate’s Closet was a sad little thing when we got her, just begging for some tender loving care and attention. Aren’t we all? She was used by guys as a hunting “cabin” in her former life just waiting for someone to notice her and see her true potential. Oh, hello Kate…


We have had her nearly a year but just recently began to transform her into the fabulous traveling boutique that she was always meant to be. I will be updating her pictures on the Kate’s Closet page each week but thought it would be fun to put them all into a blog for others to catch up on her progress; I’m thinking she is a million times better already and we CAN’T WAIT to get to the point where we are ready to book socials and get her to a driveway or parking lot near you. (Psssst.... it will be sometime in July; stay tuned)

Just waiting for some love.

Getting some attention...she said she wanted to be pink. We listened.

Opening up the space to be more boutique friendly

 White semi gloss paints and a bit of lumber does wonders

Wow...it's starting to look like the visions in my head; kinda scary sometimes

 New wall and new window seal on the way

My rough sketch for display idea for Love Crazy Designs

 I was going for a Mackenzie Childs inspired theme before going into boutique mode

 It was going to be a travel trailer complete with new dinette

 Fresh white paint looks UHMAZING!

Can you believe the difference that paint and flooring can make? Woohoo

 A messy "catch all" bathroom

 Out with the "too big" closet and 50year old carpet and RV toilet

Well on her way to being a fabulous new dressing room...Kate is ecstatic




Comments

  1. Cant wait for Traveling Kate's....my daughter's 26th birthday is Aug 24 this would be fantastic for her!! Please keep me posted on available dates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Traveling Kates

You’re here…now what? First, let me start by introducing ourselves; you’ll notice that none of us are named Kate…let alone ALL of us…to be dubbed the Traveling Kates. We are three awesome friends that came together in friendship and collaboration; a blending of businesses and talents, personalities and interests, who thought “Wouldn’t it be nice if….” The rest, as they say, is history. If you’ve scrolled back to the beginning of where our blogging began, at the start of this year then you know where we began and how we got to this point. (If not yet…you may want to go back and see what we’ve been up to so far…go ahead, we’ll wait.) My name is Gidget and I have the perspective of Alice in Wonderland; I believe anything is possible, I never look at something (or someone) as being done and not having another chapter in them if given the chance, and I absolutely love bold colors, flamingos, plaid as my neutral and cheetah is considered a staple in my tiny house. Yes…I am one ...

The First Boutique

After living in "Nineveh" for a short time and then figuring out I didn't have to live in black and white, or even beige...I met these awesome new friends at a craft faire that were opening a new boutique. It was a boutique called Creme de la Creme...the best of the best and their goal was to have individual artisans make up this boutique by renting out "booth space" to sell their wares. They've popped up everywhere now but five years ago it was completely unique and I was super excited about it. (P.S...they're still going strong where others have had to close; coincidence? I don't think so)  Luckily, I secured the biggest "booth" in the bunch since it was the early stages when I found out about it. This is also when the bug to build and create booths started and only got stronger after it was complete. It's no secret to my friends that I probably have the craziest imagination between us; it's always in overload really and I ...